Cryopreservation of strains by sperm, thanks to its simplicity, is now the standard to cryopreserve most mouse strains.
It is recommended if the strain contains only one or two genetic mutations and is on a common genetic background.
* JANVIER LABS is the exclusive commercial provider of The Jackson Laboratory’s JAX™ Sperm Cryo Kit in the following countries : Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden. JAX™ is a trademark registered in the United States. All rights reserved. The Jackson Laboratory peut revitaliser vos souches cryoconservées en utilisant des souches de souris JAX™. Merci de contacter JANVIER LABS pour plus de détailse.
Cryopreservation is the ideal solution to protect a valuable strain or to store a strain that is not part of an active study.
With this in mind, The Jackson Laboratory developed a simple, innovative and reliable solution for protecting and storing your strains: the JAX™ Sperm Cryo Kit.
The recovery of frozen sperm via In Vitro fertilisation allows you to greatly increase the number of age and genotype matched mice produced in just a single recovery.
Sperm cryopreservation allows to secure your models:
- Ensuring against production failures
- Ensuring against disastrous events (fire, technical failure …)
- Recommencing microbiota during embryo recoveries
Cryopreservation also enables savings to be made:
- Reducing the number of animal cages in breeding.
- Free up space in your animal facilities: on average 75% of models present in your animal facilities are not in an active study!
- To put in place considered breedings using live animals only during their use
- To facilitate resource sharing.
- Exchanges of straws are easier and more ethical than exchanges of animals.
Added values of JANVIER LABS:
A recognized, standardized and reliable method
Collection of the animals necessary for the service, by our transport service when it is located in our transport area or if not by our approved partners
Receipt of your animals at our External Reproductive Sciences Laboratory –2 ♂ ideally aged 10 to 16 weeks
Sampling and storage of biopsies for potential genotype control
Sperm cryopreservation using the JAX™ Sperm Cryo Kit - 20 sperm straws ready for use
In Vitro quality control carried out on JANVIER LABS females: fertilisation rate corresponding to the development % at 2-cell stage after thawing and In Vitro fertilization
Storage of straws in dual controlled and secured cryo-storage sites
Keeping the remainder of your original animals until the validation of the service
Sending of regular progress reports during the service
Assistance and technical support for the management of your project