List of transgenic services
duration: 12 weeks
2 straws of frozen sperm using JAX™ Sperm Cryo Kit1 or 2 straws of frozen sperm with another technique (freezing and recovery protocols to be provided)
Restitution of 3 to 6 SOPF males and 3 to 6 SOPF females (all genotypes included)
Description of our service
You need to recover frozen sperm and you have samples you froze yourself or that you have received from a collaborator. We can help!
Recovery from sperm is used to repopulate animal rooms after transfer, construction, or after a long period of storage when the strain was not part of an active study.
Recovery from frozen sperm provides specific and opportunistic pathogen free (SOPF) animals and this technique is used to limit genetic drift.
Through the use of IVF, the recovery from frozen sperm allows you to obtain a large quantity of age and genotype matched animals quickly.
If the animals were cryopreserved using a third-party protocol, we can not guarantee any success.
- Receipt of frozen sperm straws.
- Frozen sperm thawing.
- in vitro fertilisation (oocytes obtained from superovulated females from JANVIER LABS strain, choice of donor strains).
- Culture to 2-cell stage.
- Successive washes of the embryos with sterile medium.
- Transfer of washed embryos to recipient "pseudopregnant" SOPF females.
- Transfer of females to an isolator.
- Birth of pups.
- Health monitoring programme tests to confirm SOPF status.
- Shipment of 3 to 6 SOPF males and 3 to 6 SOPF females (all genotypes included).
Our added value
- 50 years of experience in the management, breeding and production of rodents.
- The organisation of the transport and receipt of your biological material from anywhere in the world.
- The shipment of the recovered and decontaminated animals thanks to our dedicated and internal transport service.
- The monitoring of your project and the transmission of regular reporting by your dedicated project manager.
- The introduction of "sanitary barriers" with equipment and dedicated staff ensures a controlled and optimal
- decontamination of your strains. A team of experts to advise you on the need of genotyping.
- Health monitoring programme tests performed by independent accredited organisations.